Dinner at Chez Leon - Mussels in Brussels





After arriving in Brussels, Janice & the kids and I went out for dinner. We met up with a colleague of mine from work who just so happened to be in Brussels that very same weekend. Yes, it is a small world after all.

We went to Chez Leon for the famous "moules & frites". I was a bit nervous as it was combining one of my favorite food (fries or frites) with mussels. I don't recall ever eating mussels and could have lived out my entire life without trying it. However, when in Brussels one must try the mussels. So I did. And they were great. We had mussels in white wine, mussels in garlic sauce (my favorite) and mussels in curry sauce. All good.

They had me try "Kriek" which is a cherry beer. Almost like a cherry soda but not so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment