Arriving in Brussels

A bit of bad weather in Newark delayed the flights into and out of the airport in New Jersey but otherwise the flight was quite pleasant. The plane had just over 300 movie selections in addition to tv shows etc that you could watch. I mostly read "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett on my Kindle. That is, when I could. The fellow who shared the center row of seats with me was an ex-college basketball player and current college basketball coach from Nebraska who introduced himself to me as Tom. Well, everytime Tom had a thought in his head he wanted to share it with the person closest to him... which happened to me. To get my attention, he would reach across the empty seat between us and punch me in the arm. Everytime he had a thought. And he had a lot of thoughts. "Hey! Didja know there are over 300 movies?" "Hey, there's the stewardess, make sure you get a headset." "Hey, do ya want some combos (snack)?" "Hey, Hey, so where are ya headed?" Ouch ouch ouch and ouch! Luckily, the plane finally was able to leave the tarmack, which meant we'd be airborne and the movies/music could be played and my new "friend" could be otherwise occupied. The rest of the flight went peacefully.


 
Posted by Picasa
I came prepared to leave the USA at 7pm and arrive in Brussels at 8am. I had a neck pillow with matching eye mask and ear plugs. The eye mask is especially designed to not interfere with REM sleep. Which ends up making it look like a training bra.

I sipped water every half hour and then put on the mask/pillow/plugs about 6 hours before landing. I must have fallen asleep for a while. The next morning I was feeling great. Except for feeling a little dizzy a couple of times during the day, I fell right into the Belgian time zone and never even needed a "power nap" for jet lag. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment